viernes, 17 de agosto de 2007

Squash Soup in a Package


Yesterday at the Marcado I was intrigued by a guy wrapping squash and other veggies in plastic and sealing them. There was carrots, lots of different types of squash, and a little corn. One was 3Q (40 cents) so I bought one and brought it home.
Today my tummy was feeling iffy, so I decided to make soup. After washing the veggies in the package in vegetable and fruit cleaner, I put them in water, added chicken broth and some spices, and cooked it for an hour. It was fabulous and I had 3 bowls.
When I lay Isabelle down at the Mercado to try on belts (she was on her carrier), a Mayan woman asked if she could pick her up (probably considered it bad to lay her down) and held her until I was done with my purchase, showing her to several people around the market. Isabelle definitely gets plenty of attention.

No hay comentarios: