viernes, 24 de agosto de 2007

New Stoves in a Small Town



Here is Alba with Isabelle. Alba, like everyone here, believes in keeping babies well bundled up. She is incredibly good with Isabelle and is talks and sings to her in Spanish while she's playing with her.

My baby has learned how to dance. Alba, my Spanish teacher, and Camila, her daughter, have been teaching her.




















I went with Carol, my neighbor, to a small village at the foot of Volcano Fuego (Fire). Carol and her husband, Forrest, are Lutheran missionaries who are putting cement stoves and water purifiers into houses in villages. With the stoves, the women go from cooking over an open fire in an enclosed kitchen, to having a beautiful stove.




Wendy and Jenny, the two young women in the pictures, do beautiful weaving. I can't download the video of them weaving for some reason, but here is a picture from their yard (where they do their weaving. Location, location, location.

No hay comentarios: