lunes, 13 de agosto de 2007

Laundry and solid food






Yesterday was laundry day. Because we may have little beasties, I washed ALL our clothes and bed linens in hot water. Because the water in the house doesn't get that hot, especially after we've all had our showers, I had to boil 3 pots of water for each load. I felt like a washer woman, carrying water back and forth all day. Lara and I took a break in the middle of the day and went to a luncheon for AWARE, a charity here to spay and neuter the street dogs and cats. It was at Cafe Peru, and there was lots of fabulous food and interesting people.




Today I looked at the soap the doctor prescribed for us, and found it uses Lindane, a chemical hardly used at all in the US because it can cause cancer (woo hoo), although the bigest problem is if it's in a cream. I talked to Robert and he'll go to his doctor and get penthane, which is much safer and more effective in a cream, and bring it down to us.




I had to get 3 avacados from an older mayan woman selling on the street because she didn't have change for 10Q (about $3). Or so she told me :-)


I had half of one of the avacados for lunch and it's great. I'll really miss the food here when I come home.




Isabelle found her feet about 2 weeks ago, and this week she found her ears. She plays with them when she's distracted, like some teenagers play with their hair.




This is her second week eating solid food, and now she eats yogurt, carrots, and rice. I mixed them all together and it looks like a cream-cicle. Mmmmm. Actually, she loves it and ate about 1/4 cup. She has really taken to the solid foods, and I swear she's been wanting for them since she was 9 days old, when she would reach up to hold the bottle. Like me, she really likes her food. And, when she wants it she wants it now.




No hay comentarios: