martes, 8 de enero de 2008

Robert Finally Landed

Robert left for Shanghi, China Sunday morning. I got mail from him yesterday saying that his plane was rerouted twice because of fog in Shanghi, so he was still in Japan and hoping to get to China in a few hours. Fortunately, he landed last night at 3am our time. He had been traveling for more than 39 hours. In some ways I wish I could have gone with him, but I'm not sure how Isabelle would have dealt with a 39+ hour trip (or, for that matter, how I would have dealt with it).


This is a picture from Robert's hotel room. Big buildings. Looks like it's right in Shanghai.


Map shows where Shanghai is in China.

2 comentarios:

Terry dijo...

I can only imagine what a 39+ hours trip would have been like for you and Isabelle! But wouldn't it be fun to be in China?

Terry

elizabethAndIsabelle dijo...

I would love to be in China. Robert may be going back in March or April to implement the test system, and I told him Isabelle and I would be going with him. He also told me that at dinner last night one dish was a small whole cooked turtle. I don't think I would handle that well :-) but I could find other things to eat.