sábado, 22 de septiembre de 2007

The News is Starting to Sink In

It's starting to sink in that Isabelle will be coming back with us in a little more than 2 weeks. After so many dissapointments and so many delays, it really still doesn't seem possible.

It is really nice to be in the house here in Antigua and I will miss it. It's like having college room-mates where you're all doing the same thing, have the same goals, and talk about the same things. We order pizza together and often share food. We talk about babies and the adoption process.

Today Terry and I asked Ishmael (Chocotanango) to give us Guatemalan cooking lessons, but he says he doesn't do that type of cooking; his is more French and Italian. I want to learn how to make tamales and plantains.

I went out early this afternoon and bought Isabelle a quilt for her bed that is gorgeous. I also got her a couple of shirts and a stuffed elephant.

Isabelle has been eating a lot of solid food over the last couple of days. It's as though she now knows what it is and is really excited about it. She eats rice, oatmeal, chicken with mixed vegies, mango, apple, banana, peas, yams, avacado, and bits of what I'm eating (like tamale or noodes).

2 comentarios:

The Best Family dijo...

Congratulations! It's been fun reading along on your journey there in Antigua. I've loved seeing all of your pictures, as they've brought back many fond memories for our family. (I fostered last October-March.) Every time I read about Ishmael and Chocotenango, I get a little homesick for Antigua. :) If the Antigua Cooking School is still in business (beneath the arch, at the back of the bookstore), they give great cooking lessons for reasonable prices. Enjoy your last few weeks in Antigua!
Cathy
(cathybest@comcast.net)

elizabethAndIsabelle dijo...

Cathy, thanks so much for the info. Ishmael recommends that cooking school!

I know I will miss lots and lots of stuff about Antgua. Ishmael for sure, and the fruits and vegetables. And the feel of the streets, with lots of people and things happening. And the wonderful people. And the volcanos.