domingo, 9 de septiembre de 2007

Day 2 without Dad and Election Day

Isabelle officially has a cold. She coughs, she has a constantly runny nose, and she is for sure cranky. Which I totally understand because I hate being sick and get cranky and try to just sleep through it. Of course, she chooses to scream only when we are in a store full of Guatemalans who I'm sure think I just stole her and she is screaming for help. The only way to quiet her down was to shove a bottle in her mouth. And, gosh dang it, I was getting pastries for tomorrow morning so I couldn't just leave.

Elections were today, and it sounds like there were two candidates who took most of the votes, Colom and Perez. I'm betting neither of them got a majority, so there will be a run-off in November. This picture is of a voting booth for children.





This is me getting corn in the Marcado (open market). The corn is very starchy and comes with salt and lemon. I've gotten hooked on it and have it almost every night. Women have little stands with small charcoal grills and you buy it for 3-5 Q (about 50 cents). They sell everything in the Marcado, from razers to clothes to CD's to watches to fresh fruit and vegetables to meat. It's all there.

No hay comentarios: