lunes, 8 de noviembre de 2010

Climbing the Social Ladder.

We had the work party for your preschool on Saturday, and got 4 hours worth of work done in 2 hours. Mostly because Robert and I both went and you watched the video 'How to Train a Dragon' quietly in the school office. The school takes up a lot of time, but I think it's been so good for you. At first I was worried because you wanted to be part of the group of four older, more social girls who had been at HPP last year and they weren't letting you in. I talked to Teacher Penny about it, wondering if maybe I should move you to the younger class, but she said no, you were in the right class. Then, about 2 weeks ago, something clicked and you were part of the group. You're still a junior member, not the first one the girls go to, but you seem to be able to join in now. I'm very proud and impressed.

And, now you will run and play while I'm there, which means I can stay and watch you or talk to the other Moms. At first, you wouldn't play with anyone if I was there, just wanting to play with me (which is easier because we already share some ideas and because I'll often play what you want and go along with your ideas. It's tough work playing with other kids.

No hay comentarios: