miércoles, 2 de septiembre de 2009

No nap, but yes to Elmo underwear

I could not get you to go down for a nap today. In fact, you ended up in one of your tantrums/fits where you want to kick and hit (and foam at the mouth because you try to spit) but you don't want to be put down. You'll ask to be put down, but then you'll scream to be picked back up again. It wore me out. After you came out of it you were happy as a lamb until after dinner. Then it was obvious that you NEEDED some sleep. Your dad took the bed shift tonight, which was nice for me.

Even on days like today, when you are a screaming, flailing mass, I am still astonished at how much you've added to my life. At how glad I am that you're here and how much I love you. You are smart and funny and dynamic and it's beyond fascinating to see parts of myself, my way of talking and being, reflected and changed in you. You may not have my DNA, but I can see parts of myself in you already and that's a lot of fun.

You are driven and always on the go. You can't wait to master the world and the things in it. You want to push against everything, try it all, have the world on your terms. I think it will make some things harder for you, but your life will not be boring. You won't let it be.

No hay comentarios: