martes, 26 de agosto de 2008

Right On Time

It's funny the way you seem to be right on time with all your milestones. For instance, at almost exactly one year decided your white blanket was what you needed for sleep and when you were upset. Now you have begun saying words, and it started at almost exactly 17 months. And now that you've started saying words you practice all the time. You copy what we say for a lot of words and you're getting pretty good at it. And, at 18 months, you want baby dolls and want to put them to sleep and hold them and feed them. At Good Will, I tried to get you interested in trucks and purses and books, but you would not let go of the baby doll. In the store, you put her to sleep on a set of drawers and carried her around upside down through the store. When I was holding you, you kept putting the doll into the car seat in the cart ahead of us. I couldn't make you stop, even though the little 5 year old with the cart kept (loudly) pointing it out. Fortunately her mother and grandmother thought it was cute. They talking in Spanish, but I got the gist from their expressions.

You still have times where you babble and look at me like I should be understanding what you're saying. Sometimes I can guess and sometimes I can't.

It's funny to be so attached to such a little being.

No hay comentarios: